Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
All CSB locations will be closed on Monday, January 17th, 2022.
Community State Bank (CSB) proudly serves Kenosha County, Racine County and Walworth County in Southeast Wisconsin.
CSB has been locally owned and operated since 1898. As a true community bank, we’re committed to making our communities better places to live, work and do business.
We do this by lending our time, talent and resources to the communities we call home. Deposits made at CSB are in turn loaned back out to our neighbors, helping people build homes, start businesses, grow companies and more. We also give back through our employee donation program, our financial education program, Shepherds Community Café, as well as other sponsorships and donations.
Why? Because this is home.
Welcome to CSB!
Our success is defined by the respect and trust placed in us by our communities, employees and customers.
In the communities we serve:
Our commitment to LEAD:
John Blakey, a Union Grove grain mill operator, organized a group of local investors to start a private bank in Union Grove. The Bank of Union Grove commenced business in a small one-room brick building located at 1055 Main Street on July 18, 1898.
On September 15, 1903, seven stockholders met to reestablish the bank, to be incorporated as the State Bank of Union Grove (SBUG). SBUG opened its doors on September 24, 1903, at 1023 Main Street. Four days later, the state commissioner of banking made it official when he signed and issued the bank’s charter on September 28, 1903.
In October of 1933, SBUG successfully applied for FDIC membership.
On Sunday, September 14, 1969, State Bank of Union Grove moved to their brand-new building, located on the corner of 12th and Main Street.
In January of 1983, the bank officially became known as Community State Bank.
In October of 1996, Community State Bank had a grand opening at their new headquarters, located at 1500 Main Street.
The Union Grove location underwent a major renovation in 2018. The remodel included the addition of Shepherds Community Café and two community rooms.