An Undo Option for Your Finances
Because circumstances can change, we’ve introduced the ability to request a “stop payment” electronically through Online Banking. For each request, CSB will refuse payment on a check drawn on your account — provided the check has not yet posted.*
After successfully placing a stop payment, a notification of the stop will be mailed out to you the next business day. Stop payments remain in effect for six months.
Please note that a Stop Payment fee of $30 will be charged for each request.
* To be effective, your stop payment request must exactly match the information appearing on the check, including the check number, check amount, payee and check date. Any inaccuracies will cause your stop payment order to be ineffective.
Stop Payments Guide
- Log into Online Banking.
- Click on your checking account from the List of Accounts.
- Verify the check has not cleared your account by searching your account history.
- Click “Stop Payments” from the menu bar.
- Click “Add Stop Payment” from the dropdown list
- Enter the check information: check number, amount, date written and payee.
- Click “Next.”