An Undo Option for Your Finances
Because circumstances can change, we’ve introduced the ability to request a “stop payment” electronically through Online Banking. For each request, CSB will refuse payment on a check drawn on your account — provided the check has not yet posted.*
After successfully placing a stop payment, a notification of the stop will be mailed out to you the next business day. Stop payments remain in effect for six months.
Please note that a Stop Payment fee of $30 will be charged for each request.
Stop Payments Guide
- Log into Online Banking.
- Click on your checking account from the List of Accounts.
- Verify the check has not cleared your account by searching your account history.
- Click “Stop Payments” from the menu bar.
- Click “Add Stop Payment” from the dropdown list
- Enter the check information: check number, amount, date written and payee.
- Click “Next.”