End-of-the-year expenses have a way of sneaking up on us — and dampening holiday spirit. Christmas Savings Accounts collect funds all calendar long, building up a balance that you can put toward gifts, food, decorations or any other obligations.
Here’s how it works:
- Open a Christmas Savings Account, depositing at least $5.
- Select how much you want transferred from another CSB account each week: $5, $10, $15, $20, $25 or more.
- Funds will automatically be transferred throughout the year, and it will earn interest all the while.
- In October, funds from your Christmas Savings Account will be distributed to you by check or directly deposited into another CSB account.
- Spend your money as needed!
Please note that if you close your account before maturity, a $20 fee will be assessed, and you will lose your accrued interest.